U.S. Citizen Application Checklist
This list refers to the application requirements for U.S. citizens. Students who are non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. residents go to the International Checklist. All parts of the application must be submitted by December 31st. Please send any printed materials, such as transcripts, the EBIO Supplemental Application or letters of recommendation that were not submitted online to the following address:
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0553
For overnight or express mail send to:
University of Colorado Boulder
3100 Marine St. Bldg RL3
Boulder, CO 80303-1058
- Letter to Domestic Applicants
- Graduate Application
- EBIO Supplemental Application –
- Please List your prospective faculty advisor(s) on the supplemental application. These are the faculty who will read and evaluate your application. They will determine if you are a good prospect for their research program and hopefully nominate you to the EBIO Graduate Committee for admission.
- Include your statement of intent (essay). The statement of intent or essay may be included in the web application or as part of the EBIO supplemental application. Only one essay is needed. Your application will be reviewed by the faculty members (your potential faculty advisors) whose names you list on the EBIO supplemental application. You may either upload the EBIO Supplemental Application into the online application or send it to Graduate Admissions.
- Application fee – $50
- Credit card payment option available in the Online Application.
- GRE Scores –
- Official GRE scores for the general test.
- Our faculty encourage applicants to take the GRE subject test in biology, but they no longer require it.
- Please have scores sent directly to the University of Colorado from Educational Testing Service. Our institutional code is R4841. If a department code is required, use the code for "biology".
- We are interested in knowing your GRE scores (even the unofficially reported scores) as soon as possible, so please include this information on your EBIO application or call us if you take the computerized test and know your scores and percentiles.
- Official Transcripts –
- Provide one official transcript from each college and university you have attended.
- Transcripts cannot have "Unofficial" or "Student Copy" noted on them. It is preferable that you have your transcripts sent directly to Graduate Admissions from your university records office. We will, however, accept transcripts marked, "Issued to Student," as long as they are in sealed envelopes and are otherwise official (seals, signatures, etc.).
- Three Letters of Recommendation -
- Submit as part of the online application or by paper copy.
- Contact potential faculty advisor(s) –
- Your acceptance depends very heavily upon the recommendation of a potential faculty advisor, so be sure to contact a potential advisor before the application deadline.
December 31st is the application deadline. Your online application and application fee must be completed by this deadline. Letter of recommendation and the transcripts will be accepted a few days after the deadline, but please plan to have all parts of your application submitted by December 31st.
We will notify you several weeks after the application deadline if any of these materials are missing.
You will be notified about your acceptance or non-acceptance for admission by mid-April.